You downloaded from ftp.graph-tech.ch/out/…
You download a zipped release (e.g. Release-3.52G P28.zip) of the software.
1) 1st step is to load the zipped file on to the controller PC hard disk. Put it anywhere, for example in D:/ Release-3.52G P28.zip. You may use Windows explorer to do all this.
2) 2nd step is to exit the EditorGT application and to rename old paths so that you can go back if needed. Please exit controller application before doing this:
• Rename d:\EditorGT\runtime\binary\release to for example d:\ EditorGT\runtime\binary\release.old. Release contains all executable programs.
• Rename d:\EditorGT\runtime\language to for example d:\EditorGT\runtime\language.old. Language contains all texts.
3) 3rd step is to unzip the update. The paths are already defined, just put in on d:\. Press extract and WinZip will do the rest.
4) 4th step is to start the application as usual.