You will receive a link to download from gtus.sharefile.com or
Server: 188.8.131.52 (ftp.graphtech.us)
Or you downloaded from:
You got a zipped release (e.g. Release-3.52G P28.zip) of the software.
1st step is to load the zipped file on to the controller PC hard disk. Put it anywhere, for example in D:/ Release-3.6.zip. You may use Windows explorer to do all this. If you are using inkjets, please beware that you might have to load a new firmware in the inkjets so that it can operate with this controller version. With our inkjet (GT-Jet), I write the corresponding firmware in the zip file, 3.8 P16 mpo – RIP1.64 FPGA1.30 TR1.70 rest 1.53 SG 1.56.zip.
2nd step is to exit the EditorGT application and to rename old paths so that you can go back if needed. Please exit controller application before doing this:
• Rename d:\EditorGT\runtime\binary\release to for example d:\ EditorGT\runtime\binary\release.old. Release contains all executable programs.
• Rename d:\EditorGT\runtime\language to for example d:\EditorGT\runtime\language.old. Language contains all texts.
3rd step is to unzip the update. The paths are already defined, just put in on d:\. Press extract and WinZip will do the rest.
4th step is to start the application as usual.
4th step if GT-Jet
Go to the software tab in the inkjet operation and download the corresponding RIP, FPGA, tracker, Backplane, firepulse and head.
RIP and FPGA could always be downloaded from the EditorGT. The other only from version …, so they have to be programmed with a special cable and box.
5th step if eZ-inkjet
1) With remote desktop, go to eZ-inkjet (user ezinkjet, password ez), you will see 2 programs running: ez_receive.exe started with startup_remote.exe and ez_jet.exe start with start_ez_jet.bat
2) Stop those 2 programs by closing the window
3) Make a copy of d:/ez to e:/ez, so that you have a copy, just in case
4) Go to GT controller and copy d:/ez that you just updated, then go back to the eZ PC with remote desktop and paste d:/ez (yes, you can copy and paste from one PC to the other !). The Ricoh license should be still there but you can check for a file like: RicohGen5.1410-053043L (1410-053043L is the head id)
5) Reboot the inkjet, the new programs will be started automatically. Alternatively, you can also start 2 DOS consoles and type
a. startup_remote.exe in the first console
b. start_ez_jet.bat in the second console
6) Go back to controller and start normally